CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM MEMBER
Hubbardton Forge is one of the country’s largest contemporary forges located in Castleton, Vermont. We have been domestically designing and manufacturing award-winning hand forged lighting fixtures and accessories for over 35 years.
Hubbardton Forge is seeking a detail oriented individual to join their Customer Service team. If you want to be part of culture where innovation, continuous improvement and team focus is the norm, this is the opportunity for you. This position will be focused on delivering exceptional customer service to the Company’s wholesale and/or contract customer base.
Communication and Relationship Building
- Acknowledge orders, RMA’s and sales quotes in a professional and timely manner.
- Address customer inquiries and offer alternatives as necessary.
- Enter all called, faxed, or e-mailed orders with speed and accuracy. Verify item availability, prices, ship to locations, purchase orders, etc.
- Prepare any documents required by customers such as labeling for packages, special delivery, etc.
- Gather technical information for increased customer service support.
- Make follow-up calls as necessary to communicate information or clarify requests.
- Record all calls inbound and outbound in the department call log.
- Provide detailed instructions for customized orders.
- Collect, verify, update and maintain customer information.
- Coordinate custom quotes for pricing and availability.
- Coordinate and communicate with the shipping team, quality control, and Sales Operations when needed.
- Pass along any information to the appropriate department that may need further research or attention.
- Recognize a sales call/new prospect. Refer sales calls to the appropriate Territory Manager and/or gather pertinent information to pass along in their absence.
- Collect feedback from customers pertaining to new products, current products, industry trends and any other information and pass on to appropriate department.
Goal and Performance Management
- Work closely with accounts to become familiar with their staff, business and ordering patterns, and special needs.
- Respond to consumer calls and email requests to provide information, answer questions and give direction.
- Collaborate with credit manager regarding accounts. Answer questions and proactively provide information on potential credit issues as applicable.
- Collaborate with other Hubbardton Forge departments as necessary to gather information and get assistance as needed.
- Work collaboratively with team and territory partners to prioritize work and efforts to meet goals, objectives and customer’s needs.
- Communicate regularly with territory partners and entire sales team regarding ongoing projects, problems, and successes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Proven customer service skills in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Strong technical aptitude, including the ability to creatively solve technical problems.
- Proven interpersonal savvy and the ability to establish and maintain strong customer and peer relationships.
- Experience delivering phone-based sales and/or customer service.
- Computer aptitude, including word processing, spreadsheet, and order entry/contact management systems.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Strong organization skills, and demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to contribute to a team’s success.
To apply send your resume and salary history in confidence to HRD@vtforge.com.
Hubbardton Forge is an Equal Opportunity Employer