Hubbardton Forge is one of the country’s largest contemporary forges located in Castleton, Vermont. We have been domestically designing and manufacturing award-winning hand forged lighting fixtures and accessories for over 35 years.
Currently we are seeking a Facilities Engineer. In this role you will develop a facilities plan to support the growth and maintenance of our manufacturing environment.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for planning, coordinating and improving all facilities functions, including maintenance, remodeling, new construction, heating and cooling and security. May use internal employees as well as contractors where appropriate.
- Works with SLT on any major design changes.
- Inspect and review projects/processes to meet compliance requirements with building and safety codes, NEC and other regulations. Obtain all necessary licenses and permits. Responsible for off-shift monitoring.
- Coordinate and oversee all TQM activities by plant employees including record keeping and analysis. Maintain a proactive maintenance operation to prevent equipment failures.
- Troubleshoot and determine the root causes of operating errors and plant upsets & define course of action.
- Enforce and comply with all safety and environmental policies.
- Plans and implements the design and layout of the plant, office, and production lines in order to maximize the use of available space.
- Modifies existing facilities for new equipment considering costs, available space, time limitations, company planning, and other technical and economic factors, utilizing professional engineering theory and practices
- Estimates costs related to layout design, including equipment and materials, labor, etc. and monitors the construction process.
- Collaborates with Process Engineers to recommend production/processing equipment or fixtures for purchase based on their ability to meet organizational needs. Work with manufacturing team to improve and maintain production processes.
- Ensures that established efficiency and safety targets are met. Manage the budget for the facilities and maintenance areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. Professional Engineering Certification a plus
- 6-8 years experience in an engineering role related to facilities management, facilities design, or construction management of facilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
To apply send your resume and salary history in confidence to HRD@vtforge.com.
Hubbardton Forge is an Equal Opportunity Employer